Tuesday 1 September 2015

Told You So - Fuji Sportif 2.1 Road Bike

There was always a chance this would happen, after spending hours researching bike makes that I was familiar with, the decision was finally made. Which means, somewhat to my surprise, I am now the proud owner of a Fuji bike.

I am still not entirely sure what swayed me into buying a make that did not originally make my manufacturer based shortlist. Maybe the specification, or discovering that they are better known than I first thought, or perhaps the understated colour. Whatever it was though I am very happy with the bike, it turned up on time and well packed from Evans Cycles, everything works perfectly, the size and riding position are spot on for me and although the pedals will need to be replaced with clip less versions at some stage, it seems to be very good value for money overall.



What had not occurred to me was just how fast a good road bike was going to be in comparison with my battered old mountain bike. The same amount of effort on the pedals has the wind whistling past your ears on the Fuji, which is fantastic, but slightly disconcerting initially. Obviously this was the point of buying it in the first place and I am sure that given a few weeks it will seem completely normal.

So part two of the triathlon plan is now in place and in fact the training has commenced. Well when I refer to training it means that my sporadic running has now been increased to everyday and a few rides have taken place, although not at any stunning pace so far, while my fitness levels increase.

Unfortunately this does not allow me to be completely smug yet as the speedo swimming goggles that arrived on my fiftieth birthday have still not been immersed in water of any type. One thing at a time though, the goggles will get an outing soon, in the mean time the gradually push back to a reasonable fitness level continues and appears to be going well so far.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment